This past weekend, I participated in The Graffiti Run with a group of girls that I work with!!!
WE HAD A BLAST!!!! CAN YOU TELL?
All week, it kept saying that there was a chance for thunderstorms in the morning and in the afternoon which would have put a total damper on the day in my opinion but we were super excited anyway! We spent the week before making our tutu’s and then in the end I decided to make us matching sparkly headbands to complete our ensembles 🙂
Check out some of our pics from our colorific day!
The entire race was a blast…it was not timed so not pressure…just loads of fun! The only mishap was at the first color station where I came across a very enthusiastic color thrower….with a grin on his face, he took a full cup of bright pink powder and tossed it directly in my face…ugh!! Soooo not prepared for that…mouth was open…I wasn’t holding my breath yet so needless to say…lots of powder when in my mouth and up my nose. Check it out!
The rest of the race went great and even though it wasn’t timed, I still kept a watch on my time and ended up finishing the 5K (3.1 miles) in around 34 minutes which I’m very happy with! Had a great time at the after party! Very messy and fun! We also ended up with NO rain at all until we were halfway home! It was the perfect weather…sunny with a breeze!
The only downfall of the whole day was:
- there was no food afterwards unless you paid for it (umm…hello…who carries cash on them at a race?!) and,
- getting out of the parking lot afterwards was CRAZY!!! They had no one directing traffic out of this event which cause mass confusion and mass madness!! People were getting stressed sitting in their cars covered in powder and just wanting to take a shower! Instead, we sat in our cars for an hour trying to figure out when we might get home….ugh!!
This was my second race that I’ve done that relates to color and have already signed up for The Color Run – STL in September! I love them! They are so much fun and I recommend them to everyone! You should try it at least once 🙂
Since I had such an amazing time, I thought what better way to celebrate, than to throw a giveaway!! If you remember from an earlier post, I was chosen to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador and received a bunch of awesome pink shoelaces to pass along and share with others! Soooo….I’m going to be giving away two sets of these cute laces!!
Here are a few ways to gain entries for this giveaway!!
Comment telling me how you #sweatpink!
- Like LiveLearnLoveRun on Facebook and comment here that you did.
- Follow me on Twitter and comment here that you did.
- Follow my blog through email and comment here that you did.
- Share on Twitter and post your link here showing me you did.
Remember to comment, comment, comment for each entry! I will use Random.org to pick a random winner x 2!